We (John and Paul) established Pathfinder in 2009 and have since grown to 5 funds.
here's what drives the way we do things:
- We are obsessive about more transparency and less complexity for investment products in NZ. It should be made easy for investors to understand financial products.
- We want to embed responsible investment principles and practices into Pathfinder's business and investment process.
- Aligning manager and investor interests is very, very important. Managers investing alongside investors (not performance fees) achieves this.
- Fees are an important determinant of the investor experience. Lower fees give better investment outcomes over the long term.
We are committed to helping communities in NZ. Our current focus is:
- Men's Health Trust (John is a Board member) see menshealthnz.org.nz
- Arthritis New Zealand (Paul is an investment Committee member) see arthritis.org.nz